The 6 Best Vitamins for Healthy Hair

Prev2 of 8Next

Biotin

This is known as THE hair vitamin to use.  Every supplement or vitamin that claims to be for hair growth or strength has a large amount of Biotin in it.  Biotin is a B vitamin that is referred to as vitamin B7.  It is found in any B-complex vitamin supplement.  B vitamins also help promote healthy skin, eyes, liver and nerves.

Biotin is found in meat, saltwater fish, egg yolks, milk, poultry, grains and yeast.  Biotin is also an important part of your metabolism and energy production, so it is important to get enough of this vitamin. Image from Amazon.

6 Best Vitamins for Healthy Hair

Prev2 of 8Next

8 comments for “The 6 Best Vitamins for Healthy Hair

1. March 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Don’t forget sufficient protein and minerals. VERY IMPORTANT. My hair is to my knees and definitely know that a good diet is the key to great hair. You can always tell how a person eats by their hair and skin.

• Rae
      July 19, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Your hair sounds like my goals, could you be able to give me an overview of your hair routine

2. alicia
    September 11, 2013 at 8:12 pm

These are definitely good vitamins! Thought vitamin c was mainly for the immune system but it’s good to know it’ll help hair grow too. I’d recommend hair formula 37 too, because they have the protein deborah mentioned and seemed to work for me!

3. Vera
    October 25, 2016 at 1:15 am

My Physician said that you should not take prenatal vitamins if you’re not pregnant. It may be ok to crush them into your shampoo or conditioner.

4. Yolanda
    December 26, 2016 at 8:14 pm

What about folic acid?

• December 27, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Everything that I have read about folic acid has stated that the jury is still out on whether it helps with hair growth or not. I personally think the misconception comes from the fact that a b9 (the naturally occurring folic acid) deficiency can lead to hair loss. I’m not going to say not to take it, but I’m just not completely convinced it truly helps. Then again, I’m not a doctor

5. Gloria Durley
    March 13, 2017 at 2:33 pm

I take 10,000 mcg of Biotin every day. My hairdresser tells me that my hair grows an inch every 4-6 weeks. I never miss taking it . My Mother’s hair was thin and she suggested Biotin so mine would not be thin also. It works. Thank you Biotin.

• Sam
      May 18, 2017 at 9:08 am

Biotin really does work when taking it we must remember drinking plenty of water during this time is important to rid of what the body doesn’t consume