How to Make the BEST DIY Lip Balm Ever

Start with 1 TB of beeswax (shavings) and add 4 TB coconut oil and 4 TB of petroleum jelly and put it in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat it in the microwave for 50 seconds.  Mix in a little bit of the kool-aid packet (start with a small amt and add more Kool-Aid to get the desired shade or flavor you want.)

Once it is mixed and it is the right shade and flavor, use a funnel and pour it into your cosmetic jars.  Put it in the fridge for 2 hours and looove your new DIY lip balm!

**You can find the refillable jars on Amazon or eBay, or other cosmetic stores.

How to Make the Best DIY Lip Balm Ever

9 comments for “How to Make the BEST DIY Lip Balm Ever

1. veronica
    March 29, 2013 at 1:39 am

Whats the shelf time for this balm?
    thanks!

2. Loreen Yeates
    June 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Lip balm or lip salve is a wax-like substance applied topically to the lips of the mouth to relieve chapped or dry lips, angular cheilitis, stomatitis, or cold sores. Lip balm often contains beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Some varieties contain dyes, flavor, fragrance, menthol, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreens.*..^’

The latest write-up coming from our own web site
    <http://homelifestyledigest.com

3. Katrina
    October 7, 2013 at 1:45 am

I would love to learn how long this product is good for (shelf life) too!

Thanks
    Katrina

4. Erin
    November 23, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Wow, I love this lip balm! This was my first effort at making some and it works great, thank you!

5. Susan
    August 18, 2015 at 5:50 am

i tried adding the kool aid after I mixed and melted it, but the kool aid never dissolved. Should I have stirred it in before microwaving?

6. Lucy Wilson
    November 15, 2016 at 4:51 pm

I can see comments that everyone love the DIY lip balm but I don’t see the recipe. Please send it to me. Thanks.

7. Rowena
    May 21, 2017 at 10:32 am

Stupid site!! No recipe shown!

• May 22, 2017 at 9:03 am

Did you click through to the second slide? That’s where the recipe is. Sorry you didn’t see it at first.