I love nail polish and I have a six year old that loves it even more than I do. I am so excited that I can make my own polish in any color that I (we) want! If you are looking for perfect polish color, this post is all about how to make your own nail polish! What could be better than that?
How To Make Your Own Nail Polish
A “vision” or color in mind
Eye shadow (color of your choice)
Small funnel, or paper that you can make into a funnel
2 small ball bearings
Making your own polish is like the easiest thing in the world, and you will wonder why you haven’t been doing it (in your sleep!) for years. Here is the 7 step process:
1. Take the knife and crush up the eye shadow into a gazillion little micro-pieces, or until it is a thin, fine powder.
2. Make a funnel out of paper and stick it in the clear finger nail polish
3. Dump the eye shadow into the funnel
4. Add the ball bearings
5. Use the toothpicks to stir as best you can
6. Screw on lid and shake it up
7. Enjoy that DIY nail polish hotness!
Bonus tips- if you want a more solid color- use white polish and tint that with eye shadow. If you want a clear, more sheer tone, use the clear polish. And it doesn’t matter what kind of eye shadow you use. Use the cheapest ones you can find, if it is a color you like. Please don’t go buy name brand eye shadow only to take a knife to it!
Go cook up somethin’ fun and Happy Polishing!